Safety measures while travelling during pandemic
The news of possible pandemic broke on 30th January, 2020. The Director-General of World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of COVID-19 as it is a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
People were not prepared for this unforeseen crisis. Within two months we were asked to stay indoors and this lockdown was maintained all over the world. Even now there are few countries who are maintaining this lockdown and not only that it is mandatory to get tested if you want to travel to any part of the world. Along with that various changes has arrived in our lives, habits, practices and etc. With time we have adapted with a lot of new things, especially wearing a mask whenever we head out and maintain social distancing.
Due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus, everything was at halt but finally a lot of borders has reopened. This has given us an opportunity to resume our travel plans for work or for vacation.
Currently if you are planning to travel abroad, you have to make sure to take enough precautions to shield This virus starts to show symptoms after fourteen days at least so it is very difficult to identify that who’s a carrier. The best possible way is stay safe and maintain all the basics to prevent yourself from being affected.
While travelling, you need to make sure to keep an eye on the regular updates of Covid-19 as information keeps on updating constantly considered to the present condition. It is better to stay prepared for coming situations as there can be many unexpected delays or deports.
There are plenty of questions that arise in a traveller’s mind that what they should do to stay safe during their trips and etc. Here are few important tips that we have figured, which might be helpful to make your trips safe and sound.
Pack your bag with the new normal essentials:
Carry plenty of good masks, sanitizers, gloves, dry soap/ paper soap, necessary medicines, disinfect sprays and disinfect wipes so that you are never in short of them while travelling. For example, if you travel to a remote area where there are no medicine stores, then you might get in trouble. At the same time to be extra cautious try using one time masks, so that you can throw them right away after using as keeping your mask in different places can be a reason for spreading the germs. Please make sure to throw your used masks in the bin.
Mask wearing tips:
The first and the most important tip to remember is wearing a face mask while travelling on planes, trains, busses and other forms of transportation. The mask must fit you perfectly and cover both your mouth and nose. Face-shields and goggles can come in handy too during travelling, especially for elderly people as the virus can affect you through your eyes as well. Make sure your mask is a good one that will protect you from getting infected as many of us are wearing the fancy masks but are not aware that how useful they really are.
Remember safety first:
- Heed all official warnings and use our app or website to get the latest updae.
- One most important thing to remember is to avoid being in contact with frequently touched surfaces like doors, door knobs, elevator buttons, handrails, any kind of switches kiosks, armrests, steering wheels, public toilets and etc. If you touch anything, make sure to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands right away.
- It is best if you make it a practice to wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Times when soap and water aren’t available, you must use hand sanitizers which contains at least 60% or more alcohol. While using the sanitizer make sure you take a sufficient amount, cover all surfaces of your hand and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Please make sure to cover with your elbow while sneezes and coughs and sanitize right after.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands or sanitize before eating, after using the bathroom, after coughing, blowing your nose or sneezing and etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose and even others. If you make it a habit, you will be really beneficial.
- If you find someone showing any symptoms, please limit contact at that very moment from that person (even your family members).
- One last tip to remember is that if you use reusable masks, then you must sanitize them before using it every time.
Social distancing means keeping a safe physical distance between yourself and other people who are not from your household. The research says that the disease spreads when people are in close contact with someone about (6 feet) for a prolonged period of time. Since the virus spreads even when not showing symptoms, it is better to stay on a safer side and stay at least 6 feet away from others when possible. It is especially advised for people who are at higher risk of getting the disease.
During the Trip:
- Try to disinfect your luggage, phone, handbag and etc. after reaching from the airport and also when you return back home from any visit outside.
- The most important thing is to change your clothes right away every time you return at your hotel room and make sure to wash your hands or take shower.
- You can also carry antibacterial fabric spray for situations when you cannot change your clothes.
- Avoid going to crowded areas or avoid peak hours while visiting hyped tourist spots.
- While eating make sure you are not sitting too close to anybody.
- Don’t forget to sanitize or wash your hands before eating, after using the bathroom, after coughing, blowing your nose or sneezing and etc.
- Make the most use of your disinfect sprays and wipes where necessary. For example you gave your bag for screening and it touched the surface, there’s a high risk of getting the disease if you don’t disinfect your bag.
- Throw your shopping bags right after returning back to your hotel room and use your disinfect spray or antibacterial wipes to sanitise your stuff.
Hopefully this blog will help you to figure out ways of maintaining while travelling during the pandemic. Staying safe is in your hands, just be cautious, don’t spread the disease, live and let live.
For more information please feel free to contact us at:
Call us: +8809617617617
Email us: email@example.com